Hey, welcome! So, this is going to be a weekly nail art challenge. It’s just meant to be fun, and showcase all the awesome talent and wide variety of fannish people who are into nail polish & nail art!
Here are the rules:
- Every week on Sunday, I will post the weekly theme. You have until the following Saturday at midnight CST (GMT -6) to submit your manicure based on this theme!
- This is sort of an experiment to start out, so I’m going to try running this first round for six weeks, and see how that works.
- You can submit your weekly entries via the submit function of this blog—please read the instructions. Alternately, if you don’t have a tumblr or prefer not to use the submit feature, you can email your picture(s) of your manicure, along with your online name, the social network/site you would like your name to be linked to (optional), and a brief description of your materials used and/or how you came up with and executed your mani (optional), to nailpolishfandomchallenge at gmail.
- No signups are necessary! Just submit your pictures every week. There’s no penalty for missing or skipping a week, but for everyone who manages to submit something for all six weeks, I’ll try to rustle up a personalized graphic (or something similar) to post on your blog or wherever, showcasing your accomplishment. (On that note, please submit from the same blog/name every week, to make my life easier while tracking this.)
- ALL LEVELS OF EXPERIENCE AND TALENT ACCEPTED. You don’t have to be a pro at nail art to participate—submissions can be as simple as painting different nails different colors, or adding a special effect top coat. (The more simplistic your design is, the more you may want to consider adding an explanation of your interpretation of the theme in the caption, but that’s up to you.) I found, back when I first got into nail polish, that the best way to improve my technique was to commit to doing my nails at least once a week, every week, without fail; after all, practice makes perfect!
That’s it! If you have any questions, the ask box is open :)
Hey guys I’m doing the thing YOU SHOULD COME AND PLAY! \\NAIL POLISH///
It’s time for the fourth annual Awesome Ladies Podfic Anthology! This year, the Anthology consists of 108 woman-centered stories by 90 different authors and 44 different podficcers in 78 fandoms!
- The Awesome Ladies Podfic Anthology IV podbook, (m4b format, 227 mb, 10:07:26), with chapter stops for individual podfics
- A zip file (589 mb) with all the podfics in mp3 format
- A spreadsheet with links to all the individual podfics
Full post and credits here